Home / Pakistan / Five of a family suffocate to death in Abbottabad

Five of a family suffocate to death in Abbottabad

ABBOTTABAD: Five members of a family died of suffocation caused by gas leak in Qalandarabad area here on Saturday night.

According to police, Naveed along with his family, including his wife and three children aged from three to seven years, went to sleep in a room of the house, but forgot to switch off a gas heater. All the five were found dead on Sunday morning.

Police insisted performing autopsy of the bodies of the victims, but the relatives refused.

However, the Qalandarabad police registered FIR and started further investigations.

Later, funeral prayers of the victims were held amid touching scenes.

Meanwhile, a tourist died while six members of his family, including his wife and five children, were injured, when their car skidded off the road and fell into a deep ravine Bagnother area. They were coming from Islamabad.

Police with the help of locals shifted the body and the injured to Ayub Teaching Hospital Complex. The ill-fated family belonged to Mansehra. The injured were identified as Monza, wife of the deceased named Arif, and children Talal, Umer, Ajiya Bibi, Atiya Bibi and Amna.

Check Also

NCOC plans reaching out to communities avoiding vaccination

ISLAMABAD: With around a million people being inoculated on a daily basis, the National Command …