Temperatures reached the mid 90s in DFW Sunday afternoon, and it will be even hotter on Monday. But this may be the last gasp of summer. High temperatures will soar into the upper 90s to around 100 across DFW. And some of our western counties will see temperatures as high as 103, and a Heat Advisory has been posted there for Monday afternoon.
But, the heat will be short-lived. A cold front will arrive Tuesday morning bringing gusty north winds and a shot at a few scattered showers and thunderstorms. The rain chances will be minimal for Dallas-Fort Worth, with a better chance farther to the south and east Tuesday afternoon. Behind the front, expect more refreshing air.
Fall officially arrives Wednesday at 2:21 p.m. and it will feel like it. There will be a lot of sunshine and highs in the lower 80s and lows in the upper 50s for several days after the front moves through. A few areas to the northwest may actually dip into the upper 40s!
It will begin to warm up again by next weekend, but the humidity will remain low, so nighttime temperatures will still be quite pleasant.
- TONIGHT: Mostly clear. Low: 74. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Mostly sunny and hot. High: 99. Wind: S 10-15 mph.
- TUESDAY: Partly cloudy, windy and turning cooler, with only a 20% chance of a few spotty morning showers. Low: 74. High: 83. Wind: N 15-25 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 61. High: 82. Wind: N 10-15 mph.
- THURSDAY: Sunny and warm. Low: 56. High: 83. Wind: E 5-10 mph.
- FRIDAY: Mostly sunny and warmer. Low: 59. High: 87. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- SATURDAY: Mostly sunny and warm. Low: 62. High: 88. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- SUNDAY: Sunny and very warm. Low: 63. High: 91. Wind: SE 5-10 mph.
- MONDAY: Sunny and very warm. Low: 64. High: 90. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- TUESDAY: Mostly sunny and very warm. Low: 65. High: 91. Wind: S 5-10 mph.
- WEDNESDAY: Sunny and very warm. Low: 65. High: 90. Wind: E 5-10 mph.